Here’s an early reminder of what city and county of Honolulu offices will be open and closed on Labor Day, which is Monday.
- Emergency ambulance, fire, lifeguard and police services will be available.
- Municipal golf courses, the zoo and botanical gardens will be open.
- Regular refuse collections will be made and landfills/transfer stations will be open.
- TheBus will operate on a Sunday schedule. (For information, go to www.thebus.org.)
- The People’s Open Markets will not be held.
- Neal Blaisdell Box office will be closed.
- Satellite City Halls and Driver License Offices will be closed.
- Traffic lanes will not be coned.
- On-street parking will be free, except for meters on Kalakaua Avenue along Kapiolani Park.